Thursday, November 8, 2007

An Example of Good In Iraq

A Muslim man had invited the American soldiers from "Chosen" Company 2-12 Cavalry to the church, where I videotaped as Muslims and Christians worked and rejoiced at the reopening of St John's, an occasion all viewed as a sign of hope.
The Iraqis asked me to convey a message of thanks to the American people. " Thank you, thank you," the people were saying. One man said, "Thank you for peace." Another man, a Muslim, said "All the people, all the people in Iraq, Muslim and Christian, is brother." The men and women were holding bells, and for the first time in memory freedom rang over the ravaged land between two rivers.

-Michael Yon
______________________
I call this good because it shows Muslims and Christians working side by side, not one trying to assert one religion over another. I call it good because the Christians in Iraq aren't afraid to let their presence be known. I call it good because now the people of Iraq can make a decision for themselves about a faith to follow Christian or Islam or whatever else they CHOOSE. It might get blown off the roof by a grenade tomorrow, but for today it's a wonderful sight to behold.

No comments:

This Country Girl

My photo
Part time wanna be pundit. Full time wife and mom. I work part time, own my own business, and homeschool my kids. It's a busy busy life these days.