Sunday, May 18, 2008

US Soldier Refuses Deployment To Iraq

Oh cry me a river!

(Bold is my comments)
Matthis Chiroux is the kind of young American US military recruiters love.
"I was from a poor, white family from the south, and I did badly in school," the now 24-year-old told AFP. (You know that's all the army recruits, right? Dumb white southern kids. Hmm, wonder why dumb black southern kids aren't included in this story? Biased much?)

"I was 'filet mignon' for recruiters. They started phoning me when I was in 10th grade," or around 16 years old, he added. (Uh huh. My son is 12 and gets stuff from the navy all the time. It probably has nothing to do with the fact he is required to register for the selective service or anything when he turns 18 now does it?)

Chiroux joined the US army straight out of high school nearly six years ago, and worked his way up from private to sergeant. (For a dumb white southern kid he did well for himself, not quoted here, he was honorably discharged last summer, bet that gets taken away from him don't you?)

He served in Afghanistan, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines and was due to be deployed next month in Iraq.

On Thursday, he refused to go, saying he considers Iraq an illegal war.

Okay so he refuses to go to Iraq. Then he should be prepared to suffer the consequences. Why is this even a story? Because it's fodder for the left who will point to it and say "SEE, I knew it was only dumb poor southerners who are too stupid to do anything else who sign on to die for me." Right. You're too dumb to stand up for yourself so you let someone else do your fighting for you while you spit in your defender's face. Nice.

Mr. Chiroux, your french name pretty much gives away your lack of spine. Enjoy your time in jail. I'm sure your cellmate will enjoy his piece of 'filet mignon' for a very long time.

No comments:

This Country Girl

My photo
Part time wanna be pundit. Full time wife and mom. I work part time, own my own business, and homeschool my kids. It's a busy busy life these days.