Thursday, February 28, 2008

Gimme Gimme Gimme

Whine whine whine. Gimme gimme gimme. I want to know why people think the government is the end all in making their lives better? Aren't we guaranteed life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Pursuit means chase, go after. It doesn't mean sit on your ass and wait for someone, like me or my husband, to hand it to you via huge taxes on our income.

If you can't afford health care or your mortgage, ask yourself why. How many cell phones do you have? How many big screen televisions? How many dsl connections to the internet? How many SATELLITE connections to the internet? How many computers? Laptops? How many cable or satellite channels to you have? How many new cars? How many times a week do you eat out?

You have the right to pursue wealth. You have the right to have things you want. You do not have the right to make *me* pay for anything you want. There's a difference in privileges and needs. Figure out which is which. I already know.

It's time to prioritize. I refuse to pay for your health care because you refuse to live within your means. I refuse to pay for your mortgage that you can't pay, I can barely pay my own.

If you can't afford health care there's medicare, medicaid, SChip available to those who are truly impoverished. You can be seen in the emergency room. By law, they cannot turn you away if you are truly having a health emergency. Sorry, a cough doesn't constitute an emergency. Most doctors will work out a payment plan if you can't afford their services. I know this from experience, just let them know when you call for an appointment and arrive with first payment in hand. This crap from people who simply don't have health insurance because they don't want to pay for it is just that, crap. Get rid of things you can live without.

I'm on a dial up line with a desktop Presario that I share with my husband and 2 children. I use peoplepc. $10.95 a month. Sure I'd love to have wireless satellite connections and a laptop and printer for each member of my family. It ain't gonna happen anytime soon, if ever. My kids will have to pay/work their own way through college. They will have to get a job to buy their own car and help pay insurance and maintenance on it. If they want a cellphone, their job earnings will have to cover it. Dad and I can't do it. Not that we don't want to, we can't.

People need to learn to say no and accept no for an answer. If you make a mistake, admit it, Accept the consequences for it. Bankruptcy is on your credit report for 10-12 years. Use that time to learn to budget and live within your means. Credit card defaults/write offs are on your credit report 7-10 years. Use that time with no credit to learn to budget and live within your means. This nonsense about government handing people what they want is just that, nonsense. Take personal responsibility for yourself, suck it up, You'll like yourself and everyone around you much better.

1 comment:

Guy said...

Amen Sister!
I don't have insurance or credit cards, not because I've done anything wrong but just because I don't want them. I save money to cover my medical bills in advance and never ask for credit.

Stupid hippy democrats need to put down that joint and get a job.

This Country Girl

My photo
Part time wanna be pundit. Full time wife and mom. I work part time, own my own business, and homeschool my kids. It's a busy busy life these days.