Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Some Things Never Change

"It appears we have appointed our worst generals to command forces,
and our most gifted and brilliant to edit newspapers.
In fact, I discovered by reading newspapers that these editor/geniuses
plainly saw all my strategic defects from the start,
yet failed to inform me until it was too late.
Accordingly, I am readily willing to yield my command
to these obviously superior intellects, and I will, in turn,
do my best for the Cause by writing editorials - after the fact."
- Robert E. Lee, 1863

And while I'm thinking about it. What on God's green earth makes a tv/movie/rock star a freaking expert on anything from global warming to poverty? And if they're so darned concerned about these things, why not, in addition to holding fundraisers, put their money where their mouths are and donate generously themselves?

GRrrrrrr.

No comments:

This Country Girl

My photo
Part time wanna be pundit. Full time wife and mom. I work part time, own my own business, and homeschool my kids. It's a busy busy life these days.