Thursday, January 31, 2008

Vouchers/grants/Home or Private School Help!

Pell Grants for Kids

Frankly, I hope the Government can do this. I know they won't. They don't care as long as they can keep their nice cozy comfy jobs while the rest of us are trapped in these under performing schools. Did I say 'us'? My kids are in a private faith based education/co-op. They will never set foot in a public/ government indoctrination camp ever again. I encourage anyone out there to find a way or make a way to get your children out of the government operated education system. There is a lot of help out there, a lot of people to show you how it can be done. Just because your kids go to school Monday thru Friday from 8 am to 3 pm doesn't mean that is the time frame you have to conduct your 'homeschool'/co-op learning time.

Homeschooling is flexible.
You set your own time.
Determine your own classroom and your own curriculum.

I try to make everywhere we go our classroom. For example: At the grocery store they learn simple math, taxes, percentages, (on top of what is covered at 'school')plus they learn how to shop and spend only what they have (budgeting) Just try to get all of that out of a 'public' school system.

They learn civics by listening to talk radio. Yeah, make your own arguments why that is either a good or bad thing. They know more than most adults do at this point in their young lives.

They attend a large church with a very large children/youth department so they get plenty of socialization.

They have assigned reading where they also pick up vocabulary and spelling skills.

They go caving and fishing and camping and hiking. Science and physical education rolled up into one, though they also get that at 'school'.

See, there's a huge list of options in a short post.

No comments:

This Country Girl

My photo
Part time wanna be pundit. Full time wife and mom. I work part time, own my own business, and homeschool my kids. It's a busy busy life these days.