Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Nothing Like a Sharp Stick to the Eye

Dear God
I have a headache after last night's fiasco known as Super Tuesday. I am facing the reality that I may have to purchase stock in xanax, mylanta, and barf bags. I'm over pouting at the uneducated masses who think the presidential nomination/election process is American Idol and they vote for the prettiest candidate, the youngest candidate, or the most glorified candidate.

I'm raising my sons to have a bit more smarts than that and am placing my faith in them that they will steer their country back in the right direction.

In the meantime, I would like to point out something others seem to be missing. What happened to the alleged influence of talk radio? I thought that the likes of Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity were supposed to be controlling the mind numbed masses? If that were true, Fred Thompson would still be in the race and commanding a huge lead. Mitt Romney would be a prominent candidate.

Seems McCain's 'success' on Super Tuesday pretty much indicates we, who listen to talk radio, are perfectly capable of thinking for ourselves. Otherwise McCain and Huckabee would be at the bottom of the pile.

We owe their success to the ignorance of the American public, mind numbed into submission by television and 10-second soundbites. Congratulations.

Those of us who can think and speak for ourselves will now have to swallow our own bile and defend the country as best we can from Hillary and Obama by making sure McCain wins the presidency.

Let me make myself clear so there is no mistaking what I say here. I will never support the policies of McCain. Period. I will do nothing more to support the man than vote for him in the general. Period. He's on his own otherwise.

It is our responsibility to keep OUR country out of the hands of those who want to model us after Great Britain. The same country our founding fathers died to free us from.

So let's suck it up, steel ourselves to the resolve that we will win, no matter how bad the stench is. There's more at stake than our stubborn pride.

No comments:

This Country Girl

My photo
Part time wanna be pundit. Full time wife and mom. I work part time, own my own business, and homeschool my kids. It's a busy busy life these days.