Sunday, February 17, 2008

Work in progress

There was a letter to the editor in my local paper today from a democrat who wanted the right wing rants to stop. It was a hateful, venomous letter which made absolutely no sense. I'll attach it tomorrow when I have time to convert it to a pdf file.

Typically, I ignore such letters, passing them off as someone who needed to vent and hope they got it out of their system. This time, it's sticking with me. We're a small town, the Sunday paper arrives on Friday afternoon. The letter is still sticking in my mind as needing some kind of rebuttal.

At first, I dismissed it, not bothering to read past the first paragraph. Then I went back and read it to make sure I had actually read it correctly. Then I read it again to try to understand why he was so angry. Then I decided, it needs a rebuttal, but not the angry knee jerk reaction that first came to mind.

Democrats/liberals expect a reply in kind so they can say seeeeee republicans can't do anything but spew vile and hateful vitriol! Nevermind, the democrats started this fight. The one thing democrats hate more than anything is facts. They can't deal with facts, because they're next to impossible to refute. A well earned smack down is on it's way.

If you get a chance to read the letter in question sometime tomorrow night, I would very much appreciate any facts you have to help me back up my rebuttal.

No comments:

This Country Girl

My photo
Part time wanna be pundit. Full time wife and mom. I work part time, own my own business, and homeschool my kids. It's a busy busy life these days.