Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Winning Caption Contest at Wizbangblog

For whatever reason (Likely my inability to use html) I can't get the image to load so just hop over to www.wizbangblog.com and scroll down a bit to see the picture this belongs to.


(Jumpinjoe) - "Devil Went Up to Ohio

The devil went up to Ohio, she was looking for an election to steal.
she was in a bind 'cos she was way behind: she was willin' to make a deal.
When she came across this young man stumping to an audience and playin' it hot.
And the devil jumped upon a hickory stump and said: "Boy let me tell you what:
"I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a stumping Politician too.
"And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.
"Now you play a pretty good microphone, boy, but give the devil her due:
"I bet a microphone of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you."
The boy said: "My name's Obama and it might be a sin,
"But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos I'm the best that's ever been."

Obama you turn your microphone on and play the crowd hard
'Cos hells broke loose in Ohio and the devil deals it hard.
And if you win you get this shiny microphone made of gold.
But if you lose, the devil gets your soul.

The devil opened up her stump speech and she said: "I'll start this show."
And fire flew from her fingertips as she pointed to the people in the rows.
And she pulled the microphone closer to her lips and it made an evil hiss.
Then a band of demons joined in and it sounded something like this.

When the devil finished, Obama said: "Well you're pretty good ol' anointed one.
"But if you'll sit down in that chair, right there, and let me show you how its done."

Change and hope, run boys run
The devil's in the house of the risin' sun.
Chicken in the bread pin, pickin' up the most dough.
"Granny, does your husband bite?"
"No, child, no. Change and Hope"

The devil bowed her head because she knew that she'd been beat.
she laid that golden microphone on the ground at Obama's feet.
Obama said: "Devil just come on back if you ever want to try again.
"I told you once, you son of a bitch, I'm the best that's ever been."

No comments:

This Country Girl

My photo
Part time wanna be pundit. Full time wife and mom. I work part time, own my own business, and homeschool my kids. It's a busy busy life these days.